Saturday 17 September 2022

28mm Afrika Korp

Well this is a bit of of a departure (from the Pacific Theatre)... mainly because the Wargames Illustrated Magazine had a freebie gift this month and I got spue of German Afrika Korp.

                                     28mm Africa Corp

Its a Warlord Games spue and has 6  figures to build. I haven't built any of these figures before so I did some research on the build and paint colours - as usual there were variations galore on the internet. The magazine also provides you with a list of colours but I felt that that was a little bit safe and I wanted to try something different.

So I opted to try out some contrast paint colours. This is how it went...after a white base primer.

                   28mm Afrika Korp

I have to say the head variations on this set are excellent. The face covering and goggles look the part.

Citadel contrast colours - the main green was Militarum Green and the yellow brown Skeleton Horde.

                    28mm Afrika Korp

I tried chipping and weathering the helmets up. .But I like the look of the contrast paint...it shades nicely then with a wash of Agrax Earthshade then a quick light dry brush of Iraq Sand. Its done.

                  
                                 ...and then did the arms bands and shoulder boards.




 

So I didn't do the helmet insignia as I thought it looked ok as is...

Overall I liked the effect of the contrast paint I think is makes the final figure a slightly lighter colour. I found that when using contrast paint -- less is more. Build it up in layers.
But I like it.   

2 comments:

  1. They look great....you have done your usual excellent job on these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks rross. I do like that contrast paint effect....have you tried them out? what did you think...

      Delete