Saturday 23 July 2022

28mm Bolt Action Japanese Banzai

 Here are some more Japanese Warlord Figures in action...for our Tarawa Game 

(you can see our full video by clicking here... )

I have already built the standard pack  (and we have two other packets incl. the Jap marines) and so we wanted something a little different from these figures. .

So this figure is actually an American head on an Imperial Japanese body...with a explosive pack. The other is a Russian head on an Imperial body.

Bolt Action Japanese


Charge!


I also thought a command post/section would come in handy
28mm Jap command


Did a an American Marine in combat with a Japanese guy - just to get some other poses for both models -  
I just got fed up with the ordinary Japanese Imperial Army builds.

28mm Japanese




I also tried to do a Japanese pilot from green stuff, arms, head and legs, parachute and goggles. 
I tried to get the flight suit and harness look. Warlord please sculp some pilots for us!!.

                                             

Ammo supply dump.28mm supply


Type 98 Shi-Ke Artillery Tractor

                           I 3d printed this and then just added some boxes and then printed a sign for Ammo. The guys are just extra parts and green stuff.

28MM BOLT ACTION



3d printed a  Soko Sagyo Ki (SS-Ki) 

Its an engineering vehicle with three flamethrowers and HMG.

28MM BOLT ACTION


As i get to the end of the Jap figures - I wanted to use them slightly differently.. So I did an ammo dump with some guys unloading/moving crates..
28mm ammo dump

But storage of this piece will be murder as its fragile
28mm ammo dump


I also started to use up some of the Japanese spare parts for trenches etc.

With some trench damage markers...




I also printed some Kurogane Type 95 transport from Thingyverse.
Kurogane Type 95

Kurogane Type 95

Added a guy onto the back kneeing on an ammo box.







4 comments:

  1. Some really nice work there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RRoss I just got fed up with the standard poses in the Warlord packs from both of their sets....but great to know its good enough. I have now painted about 6 packs (3 for myself) and i thought "I need to just try something else with the figures" !.Anyway... this is the result. The pilot was just for a laugh!

      Delete
  2. Hey GW- your pacific war collection must be spectacular by now and very bespoke. No rows of similar figures- they must all be different. Great Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John yes you just need to create some either different poses with the green stuff or use the existing figure in a different way - I just like the volume of the large battles. Glad you like it. Now I just need some space to store it all ! LOL

      Delete