Saturday, 25 July 2026

28mm WW2 German Cavalry

I purchased a 28mm WW2 German Cavalry unit at the Carronade Show and just got round to painting them. They are labelled up as Eastern Front - but I did not want to go all white camo winter on them. So I did a no gloves and oakleaf camo instead. I also wanted a more generic for the base with no snow. I did consider a  clear base... but was too impatient to wait for their post. LOL.


I have not painted horses for a while. I thought I would try out a white base with a brown wash on them and just repeated it until I thought it was dark enough. 

28mm German Cavalry

I like the look of the models (Mardav minatures).  The models are 3d resin prints. There was very little clean up.
The horses came out ok.



MMM I can just imagine a game with 30ish of these guys on horseback facing off to Russian Cossacks. 




Its a thought... But really nice models. Easy to work with.



No comments:

Post a Comment