Sunday 26 November 2023

28mm WW2 German Camo

 

So after our Pacific Game debut at Carronade there is now a lack of shows.  So I thought.... its been ages since I painted some German Camo figures - so after a perusal of the internet I decided on some metal Artisan figures..I decided to make them metal..rather than plastic. 

waffen

waffen


So I then cleaned them up and washed the figures. I think Artisan do some nice sculpts. But I am not sure I will keep the bases as I really like a clear base. But the size and poses are great.

So after a quick undercoat of white - I wanted to try out a couple of new paint sets.
The AK figure series - Oak leaf, palm and plane tree summer and winter boxes. I wasn't sure about these at first as the effect is a little darker than I expected.

So this is my first few test figures...I even brightened up some of the dots.
I have tried to photograph them at a table viewing distance....
as I really wanted the camo to stand out and be recognisable (at a distance). 
Yeah strangely I wanted the camo to stand out! LOL - well at least be recognisable.

waffen

I wanted a mix of summer and winter oak leaf pattern with pea dot pattern or grey/green trouser. With some oak leaf trousers maybe (I know oak leaf trousers are rare). 
waffen


so this is it so far..on clear bases.  

I will post the rest as they are done

I got some more finished...taking the metal base of is time consuming and numbs the fingers! But I do like the clear bases. Its a balance of scale on a 28mm figure to get the right look on the table - you need to be able to see the camo to recognise it.


waffen




 




2 comments:

  1. Some nice work there although I could not be bothered with the faffing around of cutting the figures off the metal bases then attaching them (securely!) to the new clear bases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks rross ... aye it does take a bit of time and finger strength - to cut the bases off with a razor saw. But then you just use two part epoxy and some washing line pegs or blu tac to support the figure whilst drying. I just prefer to see the mat or terrain rather than choosing a single base colour (which wont match at some point). They are usually very strong. Glad you liked them.

      Delete