Monday 2 January 2023

28mm Japanese Bunkers 3

HEAVY WEAPON TEAMS 

So Santa's been and left me some nice presents...to assemble and paint. I hope you all got presents from him. 

I got a few new Warlord Japanese (SNLF) and US Marines plastic spues, 8 medium mortars (for my Marines and Japanese), 4 Japanese HMG's and a field office set. 

The Assault Group produce really good individual weapons - they provided the mortars and HMGs.  Its a great great way to supplement/support your armies. I also got several figure packs from them via Santa! 

The build to date is looking like this..

28mm Japanese HMG and mortar position with all the usual foliage added I went a little larger than normal just to give it some table space.

28mm Japanese Bunker

It has a nice low profile but I did hide a couple of magnets in there ground cover (middle and far left) just in case I would like a few palm trees (with magnets) added later.

The mortar from the rear.


The HMG has a nice low profile well protected look.



So next up I then mounted some (3 off) smaller support teams (made from a mix of plastic and metal figures) onto mdf circles to offer a variety of options.

                             Pictures below of the back two teams...

                             

                            
This ammo needs a dark wash - but you get the idea. 

I also acquired the 70mm mountain gun for support. 

I placed the range finder at the side.



and I then had enough parts for two more HMGs teams...

                             

The team bellow are re-deploying/carrying the HMG ( I have still to assemble it) - but just to let you see them!

I also got 4 flamethrowers for my SNLF from Santa.

So a great Christmas haul - the SNLF will be in the region on 90 Figures now and with these additions quiet a strong force.
I cannot wait to see them on a table - and speaking of tables.

NEWS 
We have been given the go ahead for a  " 28mm Tarawa" table at 
 Carronade 2023. Falkirk District Wargames Show .
On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at Graeme High School Callander Road. Falkirk FK1 1S.

Which should be a great show - so come along and say hello!

So its been a great wee holiday - next stop finish these off and then onto the US Marines and those Mortars!





6 comments:

  1. Very nice GW! All these defences look pretty formidable...the Marines are going to need lots of heavy weapon back up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my thoughts exactly John...USMC heavy weapons here I come!

      Delete
  2. A Happy New Year to you - looks like a nice haul of Christmas goodies too - well done! I would love to join you in Falkirk but am a tad too far removed, unfortunately! I look forward to reading all about it in due course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year rross - you never know...you may win the lotto before then! But failing that ... look out for a post. LOL

      Delete
    2. Santa is giving out flame throwers now? Cool! :-)

      Regards, Chris.

      Delete
    3. Santa - Flamethrower - ONLY if your not on his naughty list !!! LOL Flamin' Christmas!

      Delete