Wednesday 22 March 2023

28mm Japanese FLAMES OF WAR

 28mm Japanese FLAMES OF WAR

Well its been a while since i posted so here's what's been going on...in preparation  for the Carronade Wargame Show in May 2023 - I just thought I would round off the flamethrower teams for our Pacific Game with some flickering flame effects.

I had tried these before and thought I would try a slightly different approach.  3 flickering battery candles glued together using hot glue and 4 coffee stirrers! and I needed a few so I did 4 of them. 

I then covered the whole lot in white cushion stuffing and got out the paint rattle cans..

The might need some thinning in some places as you can hardly see the lights...

You can see our full video by clicking here...


28mm flamethrower

I wanted it more orange and yellow and less black
28mm flamethrower

It looks ok next to the figures. Its really just to sit in front when its firing.
28mm flamethrower

So as well as these "flamers" I also noticed some pre assembled unpainted Warlord USMC on eBay. I don't usually buy pre made nor ones stuck to bases as I prefer clear bases nowadays. But the price was tempting and I  just thought why not.

Then just after this purchase I saw a full box of un made USMC - with only some weapons missing from the weapon spue...so you've guessed it... That Marine Army on the previous blog pages - just got even bigger.

Marine 28mm
Above: (Left to right) The box of of pre assembled Marines on bases, another 3d LVT1 (with insert), I also purchased 9off  .50 Cal in metal from Assault Group (and used 18 of the warlord Marine box troops as crew), the rest are carrying ammo boxes and are still to be based on clear bases (far right).   

I have kept 8 of these guys (assembled on bases) for eBay -as I now need to sell them to get some more foam storage. 
Marine 28mm


Below left: These included a metal  flamethrower team.


I added in some long grass /weeds but I wanted a sandy look overall.
Marine 28mm



The 3d printed insert troops for the LVT1 - I tried to design one of them standing on boxes handing out ammo over the side. That's why I wanted some ammo box carrying troops.




LVT

The 3d printed insert are just 3d printed legs, some green stuff and Warlord parts for the head and arms etc.

The HMG teams were based on clear bases from a new supplier - these were sourced on ebay and can be variable thicknesses but I choose 2mm thick. This would suite the metal HMG better that a 1mm thick. Those with keen eyes will spot 2 Browning HMG's on the bottom row (converted from Vickers) the rest are .50 cal.
28mm Marine

28mm Marine

I figure this was great way to increase my heavy weapons.


Below - I made this set up just for a the look really - dragging a guy to safety...I was just using up the guys at this stage!
28mm Marine


The ammo carrying guys are still to be based...and I made up a wounded guy from green stuff (and bits) being carried by another Marine.
28mm Marine

28mm Marine
So now I need to sell some guys (assembled and painted - 8 off) on ebay to get some battle foam!!
I like to think this is me paying for the hobby! LOL
 

4 comments:

  1. Nothing like expanding a completed force! The ammunition handover works really well as does the flamethrowers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that was my thought ... Ammo and toasters just to enhance the force. Thanks Iain

      Delete
  2. All the extra bits and pieces make it appear that you are working an a diorama! They look great- flame throwers are awesome GW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John - yes I always like some eye candy whilst gaming. A few set pieces just enhance the feel of the game.

      Delete