I purchased a 28mm WW2 German Cavalry unit at the Carronade Show and just got round to painting them. They are labelled up as Eastern Front - but I did not want to go all "white camo winter" on them. So I did a no gloves and oakleaf camo pattern instead. I also wanted a more generic for the base with no snow. I did consider a clear base... but was too impatient to wait for their postal delay. LOL.
I have not painted horses for a while. I thought I would try out a white base with a brown wash on them and just repeated the wash until I thought it was dark enough.
.jpg)






Now those really are very nice. I wouldn't mind some of those in my collection and as for the cavalry charge against the Cossacks, well that has to be done, right?
ReplyDeleteHi Michael you shouldn't really "dare" me to do do the Cossaks against German Cavalry ... you know how that could end up - a whole lot of horses... and i've got no stable space LOL... But yes I would say go try out a couple of WW2 guys on horses. It's a little bit different especially when next to armour. A nice deviation from the normal. Get yourself a few... and then... get YOUR Cossacks .... I dare you! lol.
DeleteVery nice work GW - if you are after 3d printed Cossacks, try this site - I got my first 3D printed figures from him a few years back and was very happy with them. The finish is slightly "bendy", but I came to realise that's an advantage compared with the more brittle resin prints that often arrive missing SMG barrels or bayonets etc - https://www.jjgprint3d.com/page-d-articles/cosaque-ww2-no-1
ReplyDeleteThanks for thr tip Rross I will have a look ...Thanks
Delete